Snow Cover: Trails covered with soft snow. Slush in places
Date of Report: February 26, 2017
Late Riding Season Condition
The season continues in Eagle River. 19 degrees at 6:45am with a high today of 34.
Trail Boss Brian reports that no grooming for now. Will keep you posted on that.
Enough snow to ride. Adventure riding on tap today. You will find all kinds of conditions out there. Maybe even some slushy water under the snow. I am riding today & will give a report on what I see tomorrow.
For safety here are some important notices about the trails
TRAIL SECTION 10W/13N aka Wisconsin River Bridge is closed due high water conditions. DO NOT ENTER THIS AREA
High water/slush is also present on Trail 3 aka the Manske Swamp. Use extreme caution.
Section of Trail 10E from Bloom Rd to Loon Lake Rd has slush. Recommend taking City Trail on Tamarack St to Trigs Shell Trail to Bloom Rd.
The barrels have been pulled from both Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail. Advise not to ride. If you do it is at your own risk.
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
News and Reports:
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE was held yesterday.
Will post winners as soon as all are contacted & give permission.
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
- Register at local businesses
SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Cocktails 5:30pm – Dinner 6:00pm
- March 25 – Catch 22 on Hwy 70E/Trail 10E about 5 miles from Eagle River.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – No Trail Rides this week
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month