Snow Cover: Base in most areas holding except wide open areas. Snow cover
Date of Report: February 17, 2017
Trails In Fair Condition
Icy – Need Snow
It was in the 20’s yesterday & very little sun so the trails held up well. This photo was taken yesterday afternoon on the Eagle River Trails.
Trail Boss Brian reports the following trails were groomed last night:
10W toward Sayner, 13N toward Conover, Alt 13 heading south to Three Lakes, Trail 3 (Manske Swamp) heading west, 10W/13N.
He also reports that “all grooming has been suspended until weather permits”.
Trails are icy everywhere so if you are riding slow down. In the woods under cover there is good riding. There is blow out in corners. Trails along roads such as 10E have burn through on the trails. A lot of the road routes do not have much snow on them. In town a lot of snirt.
Both Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail are safe by the orange reflective barrels. No surface slush this morning. This may change.
Lot so traffic so please Ride Right & Ride Safe!
Reminder that from dusk to dawn the Statewide speed limit is 55MPH even on the lakes.
Keep Doin’ The Snow Dance! And For Heavens Sake…THINK COLD!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS – Drawing 12 Noon, February 25, 2017 at TrackSide.
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
- Register at local businesses
SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Cocktails 5:30pm – Dinner 6:00pm
- February 25 – 12 Pines Restaurant on Townline Rd off of Trail 10E
- March 25 – Catch 22 on Hwy 70E/Trail 10E about 5 miles from Eagle River.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month