Snow Cover: 2-3 hard base with snow cover
Date of Report: December 26, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair Early Riding Condition
It was overcast all day yesterday. Just after dark very fine snow for a short time. Then hard frozen sleet that came down like needles. Then misty weather east of Eagle River. Trail held up better than I would have thought.
With all that said trails are in FAIR EARLY RIDING. Snow did soften a little but today a COLD FRONT moving in. 10 for a low tonight. 14 for a high tomorrow, Tuesday. And a low of 9. Next best chance for SNOW is Thursday. Stay tuned.
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trails are not open. Volunteers are checking ice depth. Stay tuned for updates. Please stay off the lakes.
The Iron, Oneida & Forest County Trails are now open. Please check with the Clubs in those Counties for the up to date report. Especially Lake Conditions.
Grooming Christmas night was by driver choice no details available this morning. Here are a few areas to know about:
Manske Swamp – Section of Trail 3N between intersection of 17N/3N and 10W/13N passable by sled USE CAUTION
WI River Bridge – Trail 10W/13N Passable by sled, Trail packed, by sled
Due to the mushy areas there may be sections that are not
Time to THINK COLD & Doin’ The Snow Dance! Need to hear it clear up here!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – with conditions changing will update more than once a day if necessary.
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – Starting Wednesday, December 21!
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.