Snow Cover: 2-3 hard base with snow cover
Date of Report: December 23, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair to Good Early Riding Condition
Even with the sun yesterday the trails held up good. In some woods areas they even move from Early Riding to Mid Season Good.
SNOW is forecast starting around noon today & off and on today & tonight. 2 inches forecast. Keep DOIN’ THE DANCE. We are on the cusp for SNOW on Christmas Day.
Here is the report from Trail Boss Brian Scheid from last nights grooming
“Early season riding conditions exist, surface is hard packed, swamps may be slushy. USE CAUTION
- Town Run – Alt Trail 13S – Groomed – Swamp section went around
- St. Germain – Trail 70W – Groomed
- Sayner – Trail 10W – Groomed
- Conover – Trail 13N – Groomed – Some areas not groomed, packed with snowmobile
- Town South, North – Trail 17/7 – Not Groomed – has been packed with snowmobile
- Anvil Lake – Trail 10E – Portions groomed from Taylor Lk Rd east – Potential swamp areas not groomed.
- Town Run – Trail 17N/3N – Groomed – Manske swamp (between 17N/3 & 10/13) not groomed
- Gramp&Grahm Trail – Trail 1 – Groomed
- WI River Bridge – Trail 10/13 – Not groomed passable by sled USE CAUTION
- Nine Mile – Trail off of 10E – Groomed
- Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail – Marked Closed – DO NOT CROSS”
Nightly Grooming – Report Trail Issues to Trail Boss Brian Scheid – 715.891.2332 or email@example.com
Keep THINKING COLD and Doin’ The Snow Dance!
Should be out today for a ride either today or Saturday! So See Ya on the Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – Starting Wednesday, December 21!
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.